Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Lost Symbol


This is the first book I read on my Kindle.  At first I wasn't sure how I would like it but after a couple of chapters I got right into it and forgot that I wasn't reading a real book. 

I enjoyed the book pretty well.  There was a lot of technical stuff explaining the historical background, but, it was interesting enough.  I guess there was just something missing in this novel.  I'm not sure what, exactly, but I think it lacked emotional impact. 

Robert Langdon is back but he is just the conduit.  He doesn't really have much character.  I almost didn't even like him.  He seemed dumb at times.  But the plot kept the story going and I read it fairly fast.  

I ended up liking the Kindle more than the novel!  One night it was getting late and my eyes were dry but I really wanted to continue reading so I just enlarged the font and was able to go on.  Just what I need!

2 comments:

Paula Weston said...

I still haven't attempted to use an e-reader (or for that matter, even laid eyes on Kindle), so it's encouraging to hear how much you enjoyed the experience!

Happy reading on it (and happy new year!)

Darlene said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your Kindle. I love my Sony Reader and I always said I'd never read an eBook. lol. I find it's so much easier on the eyes especially at night.