Sunday, January 24, 2010

I, Alex Cross, The Pioneer Woman Cooks


From the deep freeze to rain!  That's what is heading our way.  I saw a ribbon of pink like a baby's blanket on the shoulders of the mountains this morning before the clouds covered everything.


I finished this book last night and enjoyed it as I have the other Alex Cross novels.  Yes, they are predictable and formulaic but I just love his family.  They make Alex so human and give the book a heart.

In this one, Alex's niece is killed and he's determined to find her killer.  Unfortunately, some powerful players in Washington, DC, don't want him to.  Of course, that doesn't stop Alex.

The short chapters and crisp writing make this a winner.



I finished this book last Monday and even made a couple of the recipes on my day off: Meatloaf and Creamy Rosemary Potatoes.  Both were yummy!

I plan on trying more this week.

And rereading parts of the book since I gulped it the first time.

This cookbook is like a delicious meal!


I'm also still reading the poems in It's Not You, It's Me: Poems of Breakup.  I like to do one or two a day so they have time to percolate in my brain a bit.

And I'm up to chapter 5 of Nikon D60 for Dummies and am learning so much!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I bet that was a beautiful sight. I hope the rain didn't last long. It's been ages since I read an Alex Cross novel I like reading about Alex's family too. :-)

I don't often read poetry, but like you, when I do, I need time in between each one to think over them. Unfortunately, I'm not the quickest at picking up subtle messages. I tend to be more drawn to poetry because of the sound of it.