Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lips Touch


As a participant in Sunday Scribblings, I was curious about this book written by one of the moderators.  Now, normally, I don't read fantasy novels very often.  Heck, I haven't even read Harry Potter!  But, I figured I'd give this one a try since I enjoy reading her writing on her blog.

And I was not disappointed in the writing.  Laini Taylor has a sassy style that is refreshing and quirky.  Her descriptions are gorgeous and easily accessible for a young adult for which this is written.

It contains three stories of first kisses.  I really got into the first two but the last one was just a little too out there for my tastes.  I did read all of it, and, even though it wasn't my cup of tea, I still appreciated the wonderful writing.

So, if you enjoy this genre, pick this up; you'll love it.

And if you'd like to see the cutest baby, check out The Journals of Laini Taylor to see a video of her little girl, Clementine.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am happy to find your blog! I started a reading blog recently and wanted to see how other people navigate this world of blogging. If you have any advice, please let me know! http://novelladies2010.wordpress.com/

Avondale Sewing Machine Repair said...

Lovely blog you havve