Friday, January 8, 2010

Ishmael

My friend's daughter lent me this book (Thanks, Leah!).  It's one I've looked at plenty of times but never bought.  I'm really glad I read it.  Normally, I just read light books for entertainment and was afraid this one would be boring with all the philosophical stuff but, it was surprisingly easy to read and interesting.

The narrator answers an ad that says, "TEACHER seeks pupil.  Must have an earnest desire to change the world.  Apply in person."  When he gets there he sees that his teacher is a gorilla that can communicate by thought. 


Through a series of questions, the "teacher" gets the narrator to look at what man has accomplished and how his place in the world is destroying it.


The book has short chapters, fairly large font, and an easy-to-understand format so that anyone can understand the important message.

No comments: