Monday, April 7, 2008

Bookstore Fun

It's always a treat to go to a big bookstore since we live at least 2 hours away from one.

This weekend I had a chance to go to Borders in Portland, Maine. It was Teacher Appreciation Week so everything was 25% off.

I got the following books for $58.00:

Poetry


I started reading this and it's absolutely beautiful. The poems and pictures complement each other so well.





This one looks perfect for an English teacher because he writes about ten poets who have impacted his life and how their poetry can be relevant to anyone.

I read a book by him before and really liked it.






I've seen so many kids at school reading this book so figured I should, too. It's written in poetry and the first couple pages really grabbed my attention.









I always like to buy books for my two-year-old granddaughter, Kylie, because she just loves them so much. My sister recommended this one and she bought it for her two grandsons.

It contains funny poems about things that kids can relate to.


Novels

This is in the Myron Bolitar series. I've read all the others and I think this is the last one.










I hope this series never ends! I just love Grandma Mazur and Lula and the rest!

1 comment:

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

Hi Linda - I'm always on the look out for children's books for my friend's 2 year old - he loves to read with his dad. I'll be adding Dirt on my Shirt to the shopping list :)