Sunday, July 24, 2011

Then Came You

I zipped right through this newest novel by Jennifer Weiner.  It revolves around four women, strangers to each other, who unexpectedly  come together. 

Jules is a college student who decides to sell her eggs to get money to help her father.

Annie is a married mother of two who agrees to be a surrogate to earn $50,000 to help her husband with expenses.

Bettina is the daughter of a rich entrepreneur.  She hates her father's new wife so hires an investigator to look into her past.

And India is the new wife with a closet full of secrets.

How these four women's paths intersect makes for a quick and satisfying read.

4 comments:

Sophia Manco said...

I love this book! I got excited when you posted about it. (: You should check out my new blog Strung Hearts to the Young. I'm going to review books I've read, too!

Jackie said...

Hi !
I stumbled upon your blog and am so glad I did . I love reading as well , right now I am working my way through the plum series. I also am following your other blog . I love the pictures . Congrats on your retirement . I look forward to getting to know you .

Darlene said...

I've been debating on whether to pick this book up or not and it sounds like I should. The story line definitely sounds intriguing to me.

France said...

I did enjoy the book, overall, but it seemed to lack depth. Each of the individual stories being told had so much potential for a good book, but to have that much going on, in so many different stories, made it difficult for me to fall in love and support the characters. My biggest complaint was how everything got wrapped up soooo neatly and conveniently in the last 15 pages (guesstamate). It felt too much like, "oh mi gosh, the book has to end and everyone has to be happy" The End. But it is a decent light-hearted read and I do enjoy Jennifer Weiner's writing, so I will keep on reading!