Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Confession

I always look forward to a John Grisham novel.  He has a way of writing that keeps me turning the pages.  This one was a bit different, though.  Yes, it has to do with the law like most of his others but this one is more like a documentary.  I felt like I was watching a 48 Hours segment.

Travis Boyette is dying from a brain tumor.  He just got out of prison and decides to take responsibility for a rape and murder he'd committed ten years earlier.  He approaches Keith Schnieder, a minister, to help him.

In Texas Donte Drumm is on death row awaiting lethal injection in a few days for the crime that Travis committed.  Will Travis get there in time to save Donte?

The novel looks at the death penalty from all the different angles from the governor, to the lawyers, to the families, to the convicted.  It's very thought-provoking but the ending was a bit of a let down.

My granddaughter is visiting this weekend so I haven't been able to read much except her books and that's fine with me!  Here's a picture of her drawing in my journal.

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I've enjoyed the Grisham books I've read. This one sounds interesting, although I'm sorry to hear the ending was a bit of a let down.

It sounds like you had a nice visit with your granddaughter. :-) Enjoy your week, Linda!

David James said...

Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieceswith desent Look
so linda you are awesome and my wife is very sweet