Sunday, November 21, 2010

The 9th Judgment & A Girl Named Mister


I read two quick books this week. 

 I started with James Patterson's The 9th Judgment.  This is the 9th book in the Women's Murder Club series.  It's a page-turner albeit a bit on the formulaic side...okay, a lot on the formulaic side!  But, still enjoyable.  Lindsey Boxer, with the help of her friends, must solve two crimes.  One is the theft of jewels and murder of a movie star's wife, and the other is the murder of mothers and children around San Francisco.  I did like the original way one of the crimes was "solved" since I really liked the criminal.


This morning I downloaded A Girl Named Mister.  And finished it a couple hours later!  Mary Rudine, nicknamed MR, then called Mister, decides to wait for marriage before having sex.  What she doesn't bargain for is Trey  with his long eyelashes.  Before she knows it, she has broken her vow.  Then Trey breaks up with her.  And she's pregnant.
Written in beautiful poetry, alternating with the story of the Virgin Mary, this story kept me turning the pages and even brought a tear to my eye.  Yes, it is a little heavy on religion, for my taste, but the poetry saves it. 

5 comments:

Literary Feline said...

That Patterson series is already up to 9 books? I remember when the first one came out! It doesn't seem like that much time could have passed between then and now.

A Girl Named Mister sounds interesting. I am glad you liked it.

I hope you have a great week, Linda. Happy Thanksgiving!

Darlene said...

I wanted to download A Girl Named Mister but with Kindle not all the books that are free in the US are in Canada. It does sound really good.

Thanks for all your comments recently regarding Buddy and Sammy. I appreciate your thoughts.

Have a great week Linda!

THESIS WRITING said...

Its great to see that people are sharing quite profitable information with each other and now we can move our selves to a new era.

DayBreak Ventures said...

Thanks for nice Blog and also thanks for sharing a wonderful information.

Assisted Living In San Antonio

David James said...

New Born Baby Cotton Night Suit for Girl's or Boy's (Pack of 2) - Colorful 0 6 Months
I have visit foreign country also like Europe and North america