Sunday, February 28, 2010

I just had the nicest week off.  My husband worked each day so I had lots of time to myself.  I decided to clean one room each day then do my own things: read, craft, walk, photography.  Although, I should put "read" at the bottom of the list since I didn't do very much. 

As always, I'm enjoying this newest edition of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.  There is just something so soothing about these books.  They're simple but deep and the characters...ah!  the characters are wonderful!

Back to school tomorrow.  I begin each block with about 20 minutes of silent reading.  I can't tell you how many kids have admitted that, because they were forced to read, they finally completed a book on their own.  And their teacher gets to read, too!  It's a win-win for everyone!

3 comments:

PJ said...

I was not a reader when I was a kid until my English teacher made the whole class read Mysterious Island. I thought I was going to die! Well, I got so into that book that I finished it before the rest of the class. I never would have picked up a book if that teacher didn't force me to. lol

Darlene said...

I'm glad you had such a nice week off with plenty of time for you. I wish we would have had 20 minutes of reading in school - I would have been in heaven. Have a great week Linda.

Myla said...

Grateful for shariing this