Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Ah!  School vaction!  I so need this!  After two weekends in a row with Kylie, I'm enjoying a quiet and lazy time.  I read all yesterday afternoon and finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, finally!


I really enjoyed this book.  It's almost like it was two books in one.  There was the outer story of how business reporter Mikael Blomkvist is convicted of libel and then there is the inner story of how he solves the mystery of a 30-year-old dissappearance/murder.

What really mkaes this novel stand out, though, are the characters.  Blomkvist is flawed but ethical.  I like that he's not perfect.  Then there is the girl with the dragon tatto, Lisbeth Salander.  She's a genius when it comes to computer hacking and Blomkvist hires her to help him solve the mystery.  She's tough and brusque and will do anything to protect herself; she's had to do just that since she was a teenager.    

Now, I'll have to begin a new book but it will take me a day or two.  I spent such a long time with these two poeple that they feel like friends and it will take me a while to let them go.

1 comment:

Khulood. said...

I don't know why every time I see this book on a bookstore I can't manage to buy it. I think next time I'll see it I will open it and start reading, maybe I'll get too attach to it I won't dare to leave it there.

Oh, characters make all the difference, I could read a book of a crappy plot if I'm really identifying with its characters.


Have fun with your vacation!
Khulood