Sunday, November 22, 2009

Malice and Olive Kitteridge

The sun just peeked over the mountain and I'm sitting here in my navy blue pajamas with stars and moons on them. Every window is bright with sunshine.

I just couldn't get into this book. It's not that it was bad; I guess I wasn't in the mood for this type of novel. This guy, who is a cop but is on disability leave, keeps seeing his ex-wife who died twelve years ago. So he starts investigating. And that's as far as I got.





Instead, I started this book and was mesmerized by Olive.

Basically, it's a series of 13 stories that revolve around Olive Kitteridge. Some of the stories involve her directly while others just touch on her peripherally. In fact, in one of the stories, she's only mentioned once.

These tales take place in Crosby, Maine, where Olive is a junior high math teacher, is married to Henry, the local pharmacist, and is the mother to Christopher.

She's brash, and insulting, and caring, and so human! I loved her and hated her and in the end, wished she was my friend.

Thanks to
Dar I won a copy of Run for Your Life by James Patterson and Micahel Ledwidge and started it last night. Looks like this is one I'm going to enjoy.

Happy reading, everyone!

No comments: