Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Weight of Silence


This should say, "Tuesday Salon"! I can't believe how late I am this week. Our son and his girlfriend visited over the weekend so we were busy. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!


I did manage to finish this book quite quickly and liked it. Two little seven-year-old girls disappear from their bedrooms early one summer morning. One girl, Calli, is mute and Petra, her friend, speaks for her.

The novel is told through several voices including Calli's.

Really, I couldn't put it down! It was that good.

Mom update: Her doctor injected silicone in her back. It will take a couple weeks to alleviate her pain. In the mean time she's been moved to a rehab facility to help her get back on her feet. Wish I lived closer!


This is my last week of vacation so I'm determined to bike to the beach each day to read for a couple hours. So, I'm outa here!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

lol-Finally we were reading the same book at the same time! I really enjoyed it as well. Such a good book and I had a hard time putting it down as well.

I've still got your mom in my prayers. I sure hope that injection brings her relief. I can just imagine how hard it is to be far away. My dad has some problems with his heart and I'm sure glad I'm nearby.