Friday, August 28, 2009

Dark of the Moon


This was a pretty good book. I liked the crisp and tight writing. It stars Virgil Flowers in his own book. Fans of Lucas Davenport and the Prey series by John Sandford will recognize him. In this novel he's on his own trying to figure out who killed several people in a small town. There are quite a few suspects and Virgil uses his unique style to solve the mystery.

One thing bothered me though. On page 111 Roman Schmidt hears someone at the door in the middle of the night. He figures it can't be good news and as he's on his way to the door, he hopes it doesn't involve his son or daughters. On page 117, after he's been killed, Virgil asks about family and the sheriff answers that Schmidt had no family. And that was it. There was no mention of Schmidt's family after that. I thought there would be a deep, dark secret revealed later but...nothing!

And that bothered me the whole way though kind of spoiling it for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.