Gautami has started this no-obligations meme.
1) When did you first encounter horror stories? About 30-40 years ago I started reading Stephen King's novels
2) What kind of horror stories work for you? I like ones that begin in normal everyday life but then get ghostly so that it seems believable.
3) Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
4) If yes, have you encountered any ghosts? When/Where? We used to have one living in our home. He was friendly. See here.
5) Have you been scared out of your pants reading one? No, but my heart has skipped a few beats here and there!
6) Can you read horror stories after midnight and alone? Yes, except usually my eyes are too tired, dammit!
7) Can you recommend a few horror story authors? Dean Koontz, Stephen King (his early stuff)