Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Last Child


Good morning. It's cloudy and 20 degrees here in northern NH. I'm thinking it's going to be a perfect day for reading!


I LOVED this book! It is so well written with believable characters. Thirteen-year-old Johnny Merrimon's twin sister disappeared a year ago. Overcome with guilt because he hadn't picked her up at school like he was supposed to, their father abandons them. That leaves Johnny and his mom who is a wreck.

Johnny believes his sister is still alive so, with the help of his only friend, Jack, they embark on a mission to find her.

The Last Child is mysterious, and mystical, and human, and wonderful! I'll be looking for John Hart's other books, for sure.

Wishing you all reading weather!

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Do I dare mention that it is 76 degrees in Southern California with the temperature expected to reach 87 today? It's been in the 90's the last couple of days. I don't do cold well, so it's probably good I live where I do. :-) I do wish it was raining though. Raining and reading go so well together.

The Last Child sounds like a great book. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Have a great week, Linda!

Darlene said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this book Linda; it does sound good.

It is rainy and gloomy here today but at least the snow is gone. lol. It's a good day to stay inside, cuddle with the dog, write a few reviews and read!

Have a great week!

EcoRover said...

Good to see winter's catching up with you, too! Thanks for the good reviews--I read way too much historical & scientific stuff, never enough time during the academic year for fiction. Have Pynchon's new detective novel by the bedside. Unopened.