Monday, July 21, 2008

Keeping Faith



I had a hard time about half way through this book and wasn't sure I was going to finish it but I kept slogging through and I'm glad I did! I read in bed last night until I couldn't focus then sat on the couch this morning reading until I finished.

As usual, Picoult weaves an absorbing tale and writes with such gentleness and illumination that I just love swimming in her words.

Faith is seven years old and talks to God. Her parents have just split up and both want custody. That sounds very simplistic but there is so much more to this thought-provoking novel about beliefs. Definitely worth the time to read, even through the middle doldrums.

8 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I haven't had a chance to read this particular book yet, but I would like to. I am glad it got better.

Darlene said...

You know I've read most of Picoult's books but I don't think I've read this one. It does sound worth reading. I've found with a few of her books they have the middle doldrums and then get really good again.

Anonymous said...

I find her books best when on audio. I am not sure if I could hang with reading word for word.

Darlene said...

Hey Linda, I nominated you for an award. I can't figure out how to link in comments so here's the link:
http://peekingbetweenthepages.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-have-been-nominated.html

Jill said...

Thanks for your review...I need to check this one out. I have only read a few of hers, particularly My Sister's Keeper, but I need to explore all of her work.

Shana said...

Hi, Linda. I've read five or six Picoult books but not this one. It's on my list.

Do you have a favorite by her?

Shana
http://blog.literarily.com

Cheryl said...

I will have to check this book out.

Cheryl said...

I forgot to mention that you received an award from me. Check out my blog to see it.