Friday, July 19, 2013

And the Mountains Echoed




I eagerly awaited this new novel. I used to teach The Kite Runner to my World Literature students and I've always loved his writing.

And the writing in this novel is good! I love how he manages to make the bleak landscape of Afghanistan sound beautiful. His love of that country shines through.

I'm not sure about the format, though. I was all into the characters when, poof, they were gone and new characters took their place. They are all loosely connected but....very loosely! It was like beginning a whole new novel.

Of his three books, this is my least favorite.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I tried listening to this one and it didn't go well so I put it aside. I'll have to go back because I do want to finish it but I have the feeling I'll feel the same as you. His other two books are all time favorites of mine.

RS 2007 Gold said...

I attempted playing this one also it don't proceed effectively therefore i put it away. I'm going to return back since i do want to end it on the other hand have the feeling I will glance at the comparable to you. His / her some other two textbooks are typical period preferred by mine. runescape gold
Diablo 3 Gold

David James said...

Apna Showroom Women's Nylon Underskirt Fishnet Body-Suit Net stockings for women
She is my world and we really love and enjoy together