Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Double Comfort Safari Club

It had been a while since I'd visited Mma Ramotswe and her crew in Botswana.  It's such a welcomed trip. 

In this one she has a couple of cases.  In one she is searching for a safari guide who had been very kind to an American lady.  The lady had died and left him some money.  In her other case she's doing a favor for her friend and trying to find out who the lady's husband is having an affair with. 

Her assistant, Mma Makutsi, is having troubles of her own.  Her fiance gets hit by a car and loses his leg.  His overbearing aunt "kidnaps" him from the hospital and won't let Grace near him.

As usual, the novel is full of dignity and simple wisdom and is just the sweet vacation I needed to get my reading back on track.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I read the very first book and haven't read any since and I don't know why since I really enjoyed it. I pretty much have to start at the beginning again. Glad it was a good read for you Linda.

paulinefisk.co.uk said...

Dignity and simple wisdom are the words that leap out at me. I saw Alexander McCall Smith at the Edinburgh International Book Festival this year, where I was a fellow author doing an event. He drew a packed theatre full of devoted fans and kept everybody laughing all the way through. I'm glad you found something to enjoy after feeling stuck about what to read next.