Sunday, June 13, 2010

Plugging Away

Another rainy Sunday here in New England.  We're at camp but will be heading home this afternoon for three more days of school before summer vacation begins.  Can't wait!

I'm still reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and enjoying it.  It's a long book and I'm only 29% of the way through.  Seems like it's taking me forever.

I'm liking it, though.  Lisbeth Salander is in the hospital recovering from bullet wounds and Michael Blomqvist is doing everything he can to keep her out of jail and prove her innocence.

This is the third novel in the trilogy and I'm glad it's taking so long to read because I'll miss these characters when I'm done.  So, I'll continue poking along savoring every minute.

I won't have much time for pleasure reading today, though, because I have to read and correct 30 journal writing projects.  Each one contains 12 poems written by my kids.  So, I guess I'd better get my you-know-what in gear and begin.

Happy reading! 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh man this book looks SOO good! I can't wait to hear what you think about it when you're done! Do you mind if I link you in my blog?

1000novelsthroughlife.blogspot.com

Literary Feline said...

I think I'm going to aim for starting the trilogy this summer, fingers crossed. It sounds so good!

Good luck with the journal reading. I hope you have a great week, Linda.

Darlene said...

Geez, I hope you got through that project of yours - sounds daunting.

I have all 3 of these books to read and hope to at least get the first one read one day soon.