Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lots of Laughs and Lots of Books

What can I say about this series? Stephanie Plum is, by far, my favorite character, ever. I like to let a couple months go by between reading these books and I know that I've almost caught up, but, every time I travel to Trenton, I just enjoy myself so much.

I can't tell you how many times I actually guffawed while reading this book!

I mean, how often does that happen?

The students in my first block class asked me, today, how many books I've read over the years and if I had kept a list of them. Unfortunately, I haven't. Then I got to thinking; say I started reading at age 10 and I'm 60 now, so that's 50 years of reading. I've easily read a book a week so
50 X 50=2500. I know I've read at least that many and probably many more!

So, during my planning block, I decided to go through the book cases in my room to list the books I've read. I only had time to do one book case and here's a list of what I've read from it:

1. Coma by Robin Cook
2. Through Violet Eyes by Stephen Woodworth
3. One False Move by Harlan Coben
4. In the Company of Cheerful Ladies by Alexander McCall Smith
5. Morality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall Smith
6. The Full Cupboard of Life by Alexander McCall Smith
7. The Lost Years by E. V. Thompson
8. Tales of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith
9. The Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith
10. Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith
11. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive by Alexander McCall Smith
12. Spring Fancy by LaVyrle Spencer
13. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
14. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
15. High Five by Janet Evanovich
16. Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
17. 4th of July by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
18. Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
19. Mystic River by Denis Lehane
20. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
21. The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti
22. Lovey by Mary MacCracken
23. Split Second by David Baldacci
24. The Ditches of Edison County by Ronald Richard Roberts
25. The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
26. The Last Juror by John Grisham
27. Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz
28. The Bird Artist by Howard Norman
29. Channeling Mark Twain by Carol Muske-Dukes
30. Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
31, The Footprints of God by Greg Iles
32. Back Spin by Harlan Coben
33. Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende
34. The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard
35. Scruples by Judith Krantz
36. Wish You Well by David Baldacci
37. Flashback by Michael Palmer
38. Awakening the Chrysalis by Mary Durant
39. In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
40. The Shelters of Stone by Jean Auel
41. Tangled Web by Judith Michael
42. Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

2 comments:

Darlene said...

YOu know I love the Plum series. I'm anxiously waiting for the next one. I've heard nasty rumors it may be the last. I like Grandma Mazur too-she cracks me up.

That's quite the list of books. I have a little box with index cards and I write my authors in there or have misc cards and that's how I keep track of what I've read. I'd love to read In the Time of Butterflies-I think I'll get it from the library next year for the library challenge.

Tash said...

Me too, me too! Stephanie Plum series is book candy! Always want more. I have a signed copy of Hard Eight from a promotion tour at the Culver City Costco (of all places)! Janet E. is such a pettie woman. I started listening to her books on tape first - read by CJ Critt - they are excellent.

It's so much fun to browse thru your library list. I'm interested in the other titles. On my recent favorites shelf are Coal Run & Back Roads - Tawny O'Dell, Dirty Girls Social Club - Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez, 3 by Elizabeth Berg, Brat Farrar & Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey, Madness in the Family - William Saroyan, Come Tell Me How You Live - Agatha Christie Mallowan, East of Eden - John Steinbeck, Foul Matter - Martha Grimes (I've listened to all available of her Richard Jury series on tape), Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold, Digging to China - Anne Taylor, One True Thing, Black & Blue, Blessings - Anna Quindlen... sorry, I do go on!

I'm going to look up some of your titles of authors I haven't read.