Monday, March 31, 2008

Change of Heart


Every M-W-F I have my kids do Silent Reading for 20 minutes at the beginning of the block. I almost finished this book during the last block but am glad I didn't have time! I used my whole planning block and it's a good thing because I wouldn't want to have tears running down my face in front of my kids.
This is a much quicker read than any of Picoult's other books. I had a hard time putting it down. As usual, her characters are real people with good qualities and bad qualities, just like the rest of us.
Her writing isn't quite as poetic as usual in this book. I missed her magical metaphor dust! There are some, of course, but they are few and far between. It seems like she concentrated more on plot to keep the story rolling.
She also looks at religion in here. At first I thought that would be a turn-off but she doesn't preach and the religious parts are pleasantly interspersed so they aren't tedious.
All in all, I'd give it a 4/5.

No comments: